As is well known, and especially in an optical activity like diving, beauty lies primarily in the eye of the beholder. A generally accepted ranking list of the 10 most beautiful diving areas in the world can therefore certainly not be achieved without contradictions. Nevertheless, there are a few among the thousands of diving areas worldwide that appear again and again at the top of the rating portals and that repeatedly receive a lot of praise and recognition in the relevant reporting.
The Red Sea has many other colors ready: The South Sinai in Egypt
Deep blue water with a distant view of exotic fish in the colors of the rainbow and bizarre coral gardens as well as sunken freighters as diving destinations are offered by the waters off the Ras Mohammed National Park in the south of the Sinai Peninsula near Sharm El Sheikh. Jolanda and Shark Reef are very popular traditional diving spots.
Where Cousteau has already dived: The Medas Islands on the Catalan Costa Brava
The Medas Islands (Illes Medes / Islas Medas) were discovered as a unique diving area by the famous marine researcher and diver Jaques Cousteau in the 1930s. Today a dozen diving schools offer their guests their services, the most frequently booked dive leads to the mysterious “Dolphin Cave”. Majestic manta rays and wild whale sharks: The Ari Atoll in the Maldives
The flight time from Malé, the capital of the Maldives, is a good 30 minutes, with a little luck you can spot manta rays and whale sharks in the wild underwater. Not to be underestimated are the sometimes violent currents between the 105 islands in the high season from December to May.
With dolphins, rays and whales on T (a) uch feeling: The island of Socorro off Mexico
The largest island of the Revillagigedo Islands is a good day’s journey by boat off the coast of Baja California, but the long journey is definitely worth it because of the attractions there. Here everything revolves around big fish diving, sharks, dolphins and humpback whales can be admired from a very short distance.
Underwater caves with stalactites and stalagmites: The Great Blue Hole off Belize
Since 2009 on the UNESCO list of endangered world natural heritage sites, the “big blue hole” with a diameter of approx. 600 meters and a maximum depth of 125 meters is known among divers primarily for its subterranean cave system on the south wall. As part of the Belize Barrier Reef, it has been a National Monument in Belize since 1996.
Sunfish and manta rays among corals: Komodo National Park in Bali
The national park, named after the native Komodo dragon (see picture above) around the islands of Komodo, Rinca and Padar (Lesser Sunda Islands) in Indonesia, has a total area of 1800 km². 1000 different species of fish live in the waters around the islands, and diverse species of whales, dolphins and sea turtles can also be seen there. The home of hammerhead sharks and pirates: Isla del Coco off Costa Rica
The almost 24 km² large and now uninhabited island almost 500 kilometers off the coast of Costa Rica was considered a wild pirate’s nest between the 16th and 19th centuries, where numerous pirates’ treasures are said to be hidden. Divers especially appreciate the large schools of hammerhead sharks that can be found there.
Lava from volcanoes created a fascinating landscape: the Azores in the Atlantic
The warm waters of the Gulf Stream and the exposed location in the central Atlantic have given the 9 islands and numerous rocks of the Azores large populations of large fish and marine mammals. Strong currents make the dives rather challenging, beginners should definitely contact the local diving centers.
Where the great white shark made for prosperity: Gansbaai and Dyer Island in South Africa
The divers in the shark observation cages off the west coast of South Africa need not be afraid of predatory fish. The inhabitants of the municipality in the Western Cape Province, which has grown strongly due to diving tourism, have a lot of experience in their profession. You can also admire whales on site between August and December.
Barracudas, parrot fish and turtles: Pulau Sipadan Island in Malaysia
The small island in the Celebes Sea measures just 13 hectares, 36 kilometers east of Borneo. In addition to the ubiquitous barracudas, parrot fish and turtles, numerous reef sharks cavort in the waters around popular diving spots such as Coral Garden, Sipidan Midreef, Staghorn Crest, Turtle Cavern and Whitetip Avenue.
- African History 19th Century
- Africa Prehistory
- Australia Different Animals and Nature
- Caribbean Territories
- Economy of Eastern Europe
- Europe Population
- How to Travel to Sweden
- Luxembourg As a Tourist Country
- New York Travel Package
- Safari and Nature Trips in Asia
- Slovenia a Country of Wonderful Nature Experiences
- Zimbabwe Travel Package
- Groton, Vermont March 7, 2023 - According to homethodology, Groton is a small town in central Vermont with a population of just over 600 people. The town is located in an area of rolling hills and… Read more
- Loretto, Kentucky February 28, 2023 - According to homethodology, Loretto, Kentucky is a small rural town located in Marion County with a population of just over 1,000 people. The geography of Loretto is typical of many… Read more
- How to Get to Marseille, France February 7, 2023 - According to liuxers.com, the main port of France and the Mediterranean is firmly connected by air, road and rail links with the largest cities in Europe. There are both direct… Read more
- How to Get to Liechtenstein January 31, 2023 - Liechtenstein does not have its own airport, the nearest one is based in Zurich. Aeroflot regularly flies there from Moscow: departure from Sheremetyevo, travel time - from 3.5 hours, tickets… Read more
- Shopping and Eating in Jamaica December 13, 2022 - Shopping and shops in Jamaica Shopping is not really about Jamaica. It is unprofitable and practically nowhere to buy expensive clothes, perfumes or accessories. Bargain shopping in Jamaica includes colorful… Read more
- Roosevelt Expressway, Pennsylvania December 6, 2022 - US 1 Get started Philadelphia End Philadelphia Length 4 km Route → Downtown / Pittsburgh Ridge Avenue Fox Street Wissahickon Avenue Broad Street According to Bittranslators, the Roosevelt Expressway… Read more
- Hajdúszoboszló, Hungary November 29, 2022 - A small Hungarian town with an unpronounceable name Hajdúszoboszló is famous, first of all, is one of the best balneological resorts in the country. For Hungary, where these very thermal… Read more
- Strbske Pleso and Yasna, Slovakia November 22, 2022 - Strbske Pleso According to wholevehicles, Strbske Pleso is a well-known venue for winter sports competitions, the best high-altitude resort in the High Tatras, located on the shores of the mountain… Read more
- Sights of Vienna, Austria November 15, 2022 - Vienna is the capital of Austria and is located in the northeast of the Alpine country. Vienna is a separate state within Austria and is located on the Danube River.… Read more
- Phoenix in Arizona August 16, 2022 - Desert city - a hot patch According to Ehuacom, Phoenix is the largest city in the state capital of Arizona in the United States. Phoenix, located on the Salt River,… Read more