As is well known, and especially in an optical activity like diving, beauty lies primarily in the eye of the beholder. A generally accepted ranking list of the 10 most beautiful diving areas in the world can therefore certainly not be achieved without contradictions. Nevertheless, there are a few among the thousands of diving areas worldwide that appear again and again at the top of the rating portals and that repeatedly receive a lot of praise and recognition in the relevant reporting.
The Red Sea has many other colors ready: The South Sinai in Egypt
Deep blue water with a distant view of exotic fish in the colors of the rainbow and bizarre coral gardens as well as sunken freighters as diving destinations are offered by the waters off the Ras Mohammed National Park in the south of the Sinai Peninsula near Sharm El Sheikh. Jolanda and Shark Reef are very popular traditional diving spots.
Where Cousteau has already dived: The Medas Islands on the Catalan Costa Brava
The Medas Islands (Illes Medes / Islas Medas) were discovered as a unique diving area by the famous marine researcher and diver Jaques Cousteau in the 1930s. Today a dozen diving schools offer their guests their services, the most frequently booked dive leads to the mysterious “Dolphin Cave”. Majestic manta rays and wild whale sharks: The Ari Atoll in the Maldives
The flight time from Malé, the capital of the Maldives, is a good 30 minutes, with a little luck you can spot manta rays and whale sharks in the wild underwater. Not to be underestimated are the sometimes violent currents between the 105 islands in the high season from December to May.
With dolphins, rays and whales on T (a) uch feeling: The island of Socorro off Mexico
The largest island of the Revillagigedo Islands is a good day’s journey by boat off the coast of Baja California, but the long journey is definitely worth it because of the attractions there. Here everything revolves around big fish diving, sharks, dolphins and humpback whales can be admired from a very short distance.
Underwater caves with stalactites and stalagmites: The Great Blue Hole off Belize
Since 2009 on the UNESCO list of endangered world natural heritage sites, the “big blue hole” with a diameter of approx. 600 meters and a maximum depth of 125 meters is known among divers primarily for its subterranean cave system on the south wall. As part of the Belize Barrier Reef, it has been a National Monument in Belize since 1996.
Sunfish and manta rays among corals: Komodo National Park in Bali
The national park, named after the native Komodo dragon (see picture above) around the islands of Komodo, Rinca and Padar (Lesser Sunda Islands) in Indonesia, has a total area of 1800 km². 1000 different species of fish live in the waters around the islands, and diverse species of whales, dolphins and sea turtles can also be seen there. The home of hammerhead sharks and pirates: Isla del Coco off Costa Rica
The almost 24 km² large and now uninhabited island almost 500 kilometers off the coast of Costa Rica was considered a wild pirate’s nest between the 16th and 19th centuries, where numerous pirates’ treasures are said to be hidden. Divers especially appreciate the large schools of hammerhead sharks that can be found there.
Lava from volcanoes created a fascinating landscape: the Azores in the Atlantic
The warm waters of the Gulf Stream and the exposed location in the central Atlantic have given the 9 islands and numerous rocks of the Azores large populations of large fish and marine mammals. Strong currents make the dives rather challenging, beginners should definitely contact the local diving centers.
Where the great white shark made for prosperity: Gansbaai and Dyer Island in South Africa
The divers in the shark observation cages off the west coast of South Africa need not be afraid of predatory fish. The inhabitants of the municipality in the Western Cape Province, which has grown strongly due to diving tourism, have a lot of experience in their profession. You can also admire whales on site between August and December.
Barracudas, parrot fish and turtles: Pulau Sipadan Island in Malaysia
The small island in the Celebes Sea measures just 13 hectares, 36 kilometers east of Borneo. In addition to the ubiquitous barracudas, parrot fish and turtles, numerous reef sharks cavort in the waters around popular diving spots such as Coral Garden, Sipidan Midreef, Staghorn Crest, Turtle Cavern and Whitetip Avenue.
- African History 19th Century
- Africa Prehistory
- Australia Different Animals and Nature
- Caribbean Territories
- Economy of Eastern Europe
- Europe Population
- How to Travel to Sweden
- Luxembourg As a Tourist Country
- New York Travel Package
- Safari and Nature Trips in Asia
- Slovenia a Country of Wonderful Nature Experiences
- Zimbabwe Travel Package
- Clinton, Louisiana May 29, 2023 - Clinton, Louisiana is a small town located in East Feliciana Parish, approximately 25 miles north of the state capital Baton Rouge. The town lies on the banks of the Bayou… Read more
- Bingham County, Idaho May 22, 2023 - Bingham County is located in the southeastern corner of Idaho, and is bordered to the north by Bonneville County, to the east by Caribou County, to the south by Bear… Read more
- Brown County, Illinois May 15, 2023 - Brown County, Illinois is located in the central part of the state and is bordered by Schuyler, Adams, Pike and Calhoun counties. The county has a total area of 585… Read more
- Benton County, Indiana May 8, 2023 - Benton County, Indiana is located in the northwest corner of the state along the Wabash River. It is bordered to the north by Illinois and to the east by Warren… Read more
- Allamakee County, Iowa May 1, 2023 - Allamakee County, Iowa is situated in the northeast corner of the state along the Mississippi River. The county covers an area of 551 square miles and is home to a… Read more
- Berea, Kentucky Population, Schools and Places of Interest April 17, 2023 - Berea, Kentucky is a small town located in Madison County, just south of Lexington. It is bordered by several other towns and cities, each with their own unique attractions and… Read more
- Alexandria, Louisiana Population, Schools and Places of Interest April 15, 2023 - Alexandria, Louisiana is a city located in the heart of the state and is bordered by several cities and towns. To the north, Alexandria is bordered by Pineville and Ball,… Read more
- Altoona, Iowa April 10, 2023 - According to jibin123, Altoona, Iowa is a city located in the Des Moines metropolitan area of Polk County. The city covers an area of 8.6 square miles and is home… Read more
- Anderson County, Kansas April 3, 2023 - Anderson County, Kansas is situated in the northeastern part of the state, along the Missouri River. It is bordered by Doniphan County to the north and Atchison County to the… Read more
- Adair County, Kentucky March 27, 2023 - Adair County, Kentucky is located in the south-central region of the state, just east of the Tennessee border. The county is home to two cities: Columbia and Russell Springs. The… Read more