Kegel Exercises for Men: Benefits, How to Do and the Results
Kegel exercises for men, also known as pompoarismo male, can help treat urinary incontinence, to improve the performance during the intimate contact, and even be useful for combating premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction.
In general, the benefits of these exercises include:
- To combat the involuntary loss of urine;
- Combat premature ejaculation;
- Increase the time of ejaculation;
- Combating the erectile dysfunction;
- Increase the health of the prostate;
- Improves the control over the faeces;
- To increase the sensitivity of the intimate area;
- Improve the sexual relationship.
Kegel exercises in men improve the voltage of the pubococcygeus muscle, elevate the testes, and also reinforce the muscle cremáster and the anal sphincter and, therefore, provide the increased sensitivity of the genital region and increases self-esteem, promoting well-being.
These exercises are great for treating urinary incontinence after the removal of the prostate and should be performed daily after this surgery.
How to do kegel exercises for men
To do the exercises pompoarismo male, initially the man should urinate and, in the meantime:
- To stop or decrease the jet of urine at the time of urination to be able to identify the muscle that should be worked;
- Try to contract the muscle that was identified at the time that it stopped the jet of urine.
The contraction should be held with force, but initially it is normal that lasts about 1 second but with practice, the contraction may be maintained for a longer time.
Kegel exercises should be done at least 3 to 8 times a day, every day, and the number of contractions needed are 300 in total. After you learn to contract the muscle properly, one can make the contractions in any place, while seated, lying down or standing up. In the beginning it is easier to start kegel exercises lying on your side.
When you see the Results
The results of kegel exercises can be seen in the first month, but when the goal is to treat urinary incontinence, the final result can take 3 months up to 1 year to be noticed, and it can sometimes be necessary to perform other procedures physical therapy.